Spriggy helps Aussie families teach their kids about money and makes it possible to manage it all from your pocket. We provide parents with a safe and simple way to pay their kids pocket money, set chores, manage savings, monitor spending, pay for school lunches and invest for their kids' future.
Spriggy launched in late 2016 and has had over 500,000 members join and a 4.8 star rating average from over 20,000 reviews. We recently closed our Series B round of $35m and are backed by high-calibre Australian investors, including Mike Cannon-Brookes' Grok Ventures and NAB ventures.
We’re a rapidly growing team, with people from diverse backgrounds that include engineering, design, physics, genetics, medicine, sports, ex-founders and mathematics. We’re all passionate problem solvers and we truly care about how people learn to use money.
Spriggy has experienced rapid growth over the last 5 years and we’re now looking for a talented Mobile and Web Senior Software Engineer to join our team. Using your engineering and development skills you’ll be building products used by thousands of Australian families every day.
- You enjoy building products and are proud of seeing people use your products. You love to code, but more than that you love to see your code enriching the lives of others. You like a bit of variety and like the idea of working across different products.
- You are excited by ownership of the solution and want to be part of the process. You don’t want to just pump out code, you want to be part of the process of building great products. You want to take an idea from beginning to end and work with experts in various fields to find solutions to problems and bring those solutions to life.
- You believe in starting small to achieve big goals. You want to achieve big things, but you know the journey is about dozens of small wins. You’re not afraid of building the smallest thing possible, as a step towards the bigger prize.
- You love feedback from real users and believe in short and sharp iterations to get this feedback as quickly as possible. You can’t wait to get your product out to customers to hear what they have to say. You know that a feedback loop is critical to building great products and will help drive the direction of the product.
- You understand that the process of building great software goes beyond technical considerations. You understand the importance of working with stakeholders to get the complete picture when decision making. You’re not afraid to ask questions when things aren’t clear to you and you put all of this context together to drive your decision making process.
- You love the startup environment or are keen to see what it’s like. If you’ve worked in a startup before you know what it’s like and love it. If you haven’t, you’re keen to try it out and see how a successful startup operates.
About the role:
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team led by a Product Manager.
- Design, build and deliver the front end as an API and reusable framework that powers our suite of products. We also use other technologies in our team that you’ll have the chance to explore if you wish such as Python, Java, Angular and Node. This is a hands-on role, so you’ll spend most of your day within the code. You will be part of the front end compliment, on the product side, to the Platform team which builds the underlying framework that powers all our products.
- Be an integral part of a major redrawing of how we build our product apps, both the present suite and future products yet to be imagined. You will be building the library our product teams use to ensure consistency across products, along with the framework new products are built off of. At the core of what you do, you will be building a reusable front end API (spriggy.js) which should surprise and delight both the product team developers and our users with an exciting, reusable, updatable and winsome UI/UX.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders in short, iterative sprints to achieve business objectives. We deliver to production at the end of each sprint. You’ll be working with the stakeholders to define short, concise user stories and deliver on them at the end of each sprint.
- Review and improve existing systems for building, collating and index reusable elements. We’re always looking for ways to improve our practices and you’ll help drive these while ensuring business objectives are met.
- Ensure that systems comply with Spriggy’s security policies and procedures. We take security seriously at Spriggy and we’ll train you to ensure we comply with the standards expected by our customers.
- Collaborate with the wider engineering team by sharing your knowledge through one-on-one sessions and completing shared initiatives.
- Bring your best (or partially formed best) ideas to the table in an environment of experimentation, collaboration and innovation.
- Help shape our architecture for our next phase of scale, while collaborating with other SREs and DevOps to ensure the best outcomes across the company and its products.
- Experience in React Native or similar mobile technologies.
- Experience in Angular or similar web technologies.
- Experience in stakeholder communication and collaboration.
- Experience building libraries for re-usability
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- An eye for design and experimentation around interface design with a love for building reusable UI/UX elements.
What you’ll get:
- Work at one of Australia’s fastest growing Fintechs alongside some of the best and brightest.
- An excellent culture, we encourage collaboration, growth and learning amongst the team.
- A competitive salary and consideration for equity.
- An ability to directly influence the direction of the Spriggy product and business.
- An autonomous and flexible role where you will be trusted with key tasks.
- An opportunity to have real impact and be part of a company with purpose.
- A flexible, remote first work environment.
Our team's diverse backgrounds ensure that our products talk to the needs of all Australian families. To continue to be able to do this well, we encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.