Spriggy helps Aussie families teach their kids about money and makes it possible to manage it all from your pocket. We provide parents with a safe and simple way to pay their kids pocket money, set chores, manage savings, monitor spending, pay for school lunches and invest for their kids' future.
Spriggy launched in late 2016 and has had over 500,000 members join and a 4.8 star rating average from over 20,000 reviews. We recently closed our Series B round of $35m and are backed by high-calibre Australian investors, including Mike Cannon-Brookes' Grok Ventures and NAB ventures.
We’re a rapidly growing team, with people from diverse backgrounds that include engineering, design, physics, genetics, medicine, sports, ex-founders and mathematics. We’re all passionate problem solvers and we truly care about how people learn to use money.
Spriggy has experienced rapid growth over the last 5 years and we’re now looking for talented Head of Product Engineering to join our team. As the Head of Product Engineering, you would be responsible for leading and growing a team of engineers that are driven to build products that help Australian families every day. Your role will be primarily people focused, with scope to be hands on the tools. We're rapidly scaling out and you'll be a key player in expanding our engineering capabilities.
- You put your team first. You are comfortable managing a team of engineers, listening to their feedback and understanding their concerns. You don’t strive for personal recognition because your team’s success is how you measure success. You’re a people person as well as a tech person.
- You believe in starting small to achieve big goals. You want to achieve big things, but you know the journey is about dozens of small wins. You’re not afraid of building the smallest thing possible, as a step towards the bigger prize.
- You understand that the process of building great software goes beyond technical considerations. You understand the importance of working with stakeholders to get the complete picture when decision making. You’re not afraid to ask questions when things aren’t clear to you and you put all of this context together to drive your decision making process.
- You love the startup environment or are keen to see what it’s like. If you’ve worked in a startup before you know what it’s like and love it. If you haven’t, you’re keen to try it out and see how a successful startup operates.
About the role:
- Work with the co-CEO's and leads to build and lead teams of motivated and high performing engineers.
- Work closely with the co-CEO's and Principal Solution Architect to define and implement the technology roadmap.
- Support your team of engineers to become the best engineers they can be through mentoring and career management. Use your empathetic nature to ensure your team loves their job, are recognised and heard, and feel supported in their career.
- Work with the team to understand their career goals and ensure that there is a pathway towards them.
- Review and identify areas of improvement and growth opportunities in the team.
- Identify gaps in the engineering team and hire to fill these gaps.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that teams are appropriately resourced, functioning optimally.
- Experience leading teams of software engineers.
- Experience in stakeholder communication and collaboration.
- 7+ years of industry experience.
What you’ll get:
- Work at one of Australia’s fastest growing Fintechs alongside some of the best and brightest.
- An excellent culture, we encourage collaboration, growth and learning amongst the team.
- A competitive salary and consideration for equity.
- An ability to directly influence the direction of the Spriggy product and business.
- An autonomous and flexible role where you will be trusted with key tasks.
- An opportunity to have real impact and be part of a company with purpose.
- A flexible workplace environment.
Our team's diverse backgrounds ensure that our products talk to the needs of all Australian families. To continue to be able to do this well, we encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.