Spriggy helps Aussie families teach their kids about money and makes it possible to manage it all from your pocket. We provide parents with a safe and simple way to pay their kids pocket money, set chores, manage savings, monitor spending, pay for school lunches and invest for their kids' future.
Spriggy launched in late 2016 and has had over 500,000 members join and a 4.8 star rating average from over 20,000 reviews. We recently closed our Series B round of $35m and are backed by high-calibre Australian investors, including Mike Cannon-Brookes' Grok Ventures and NAB ventures.
We’re a rapidly growing team, with people from diverse backgrounds that include engineering, design, physics, genetics, medicine, sports, ex-founders and mathematics. We’re all passionate problem solvers and we truly care about how people learn to use money.
Spriggy has experienced rapid growth over the last 5 years and we’re now looking for a talented Tech Lead to join our team. Spriggy Tech Leads are experts in many technologies but all have common traits: A drive to deliver projects, a team first attitude and excellent communication. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team that is motivated, cohesive and delivers. This role primarily covers .NET and Azure however we're after leads that are technology agnostic and enthusiastic about working with new and varied technologies.
- You are driven to deliver. You’ve consistently delivered projects and are confident making decisions to achieve this.
- You put your team first. You are comfortable managing a team of engineers, listening to their feedback and understanding their concerns. You don’t strive for personal recognition because your team’s success is how you measure success. You’re a people person as well as a tech person.
- You are excited by ownership of the solution and want to be part of the process. You don’t want to just pump out code, you want to be part of the process of building great products. You want to take an idea from beginning to end and work with experts in various fields to find solutions to problems and bring those solutions to life.
- You believe in starting small to achieve big goals. You want to achieve big things, but you know the journey is about dozens of small wins. You’re not afraid of building the smallest thing possible, as a step towards the bigger prize.
- You love feedback from real users and believe in short and sharp iterations to get this feedback as quickly as possible. You can’t wait to get your product out to customers to hear what they have to say. You know that a feedback loop is critical to building great products and will help drive the direction of the product.
- You understand that the process of building great software goes beyond technical considerations. You understand the importance of working with stakeholders to get the complete picture when decision making. You’re not afraid to ask questions when things aren’t clear to you and you put all of this context together to drive your decision making process.
- You love the startup environment or are keen to see what it’s like. If you’ve worked in a startup before you know what it’s like and love it. If you haven’t, you’re keen to try it out and see how a successful startup operates.
About the role:
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team led by a Product Manager. Team members may come from disciplines such as engineering, product, design, operations or analytics and operate with a sense of shared purpose.
- Support your team of engineers to become the best engineers they can be through technical mentoring and career management. Use your empathetic nature to ensure your team loves their job, are recognised and heard, and feel supported in their career.
- Provide expertise and decision making in your field. We use many technologies at Spriggy and we’re looking for the best of the best in each field.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders in short, iterative sprints to achieve business objectives. We deliver to production at the end of each sprint. You’ll be working with the stakeholders to define short, concise user stories and deliver on them at the end of each sprint.
- Design solutions with the Product Managers. Working with the cross-functional team members, you’ll provide the technical voice in solution design.
- Get hands on with the code. You’ll lead by example and get your hands on the code frequently.
- Ensure that systems comply with Spriggy’s security policies and procedures. We take security seriously at Spriggy and we’ll train you to ensure we comply to the standards expected by our customers.
- Collaborate with the engineering team by sharing your knowledge through one-on-one and team wide knowledge sharing sessions.
- Experience in .NET or similar backend technologies.
- Experience in Azure or similar cloud technologies.
- Comfortable in Angular, React Native or similar frontend technologies.
- Experience in stakeholder communication and collaboration.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
What you’ll get:
- Work at one of Australia’s fastest growing Fintechs alongside some of the best and brightest.
- An excellent culture, we encourage collaboration, growth and learning amongst the team.
- A competitive salary and consideration for equity.
- An ability to directly influence the direction of the Spriggy product and business.
- An autonomous and flexible role where you will be trusted with key tasks.
- An opportunity to have real impact and be part of a company with purpose.
- A flexible workplace environment.
Our team's diverse backgrounds ensure that our products talk to the needs of all Australian families. To continue to be able to do this well, we encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.