At Spriggy, we’re building the future of money for families and young Australians. Spriggy launched in late 2016 and has had over 500,000 members join, with hundreds of new parents and kids joining Spriggy every day. Spriggy is backed by high-calibre Australian investors, including Mike and Annie Cannon-Brookes' Grok Ventures and NAB Ventures.
Spriggy helps Aussie families teach their kids about money and makes it possible to manage it all from your pocket. We provide parents with a safe and simple way to pay their kids pocket money, set chores, manage savings, monitor spending, pay for school lunches and invest for their kids' future.
We’re a rapidly growing team, with people from diverse backgrounds that include engineering, design, physics, genetics, medicine, sports, ex-founders and mathematics. We’re all passionate problem solvers and we truly care about how people learn to use money.
We’re now looking for our first Talent Acquisition Manager to join the team as Spriggy enters the next stage of growth. The right candidate is an exceptional communicator, adaptable, fast learning and proactive as we build out this function. The Talent Acquisition Manager will report to the Head of People and Culture.
Your day-to-day will involve sourcing candidates, identifying creative hiring channels, managing applications, planning and managing interview and hiring processes. You will be developing long-term relationships with potential candidates and creating talent pipelines for the wider business. We plan on tripling our team size and this role will be a driving force in making this happen.
Your challenge and responsibilities
Examples of problems you’ll need to solve with the team:
- Coordinate with the Head of People and Culture and hiring managers to meet existing and future hiring needs.
- Create and improve selection criteria for roles across the business.
- Write and iterate on job descriptions alongside the hiring manager.
- Become familiar with required hires so you can manage the end-to-end hiring process. You will be responsible for outreach, management of applications, coordinating interviews and completing interviews.
- Source potential candidates through traditional and creative channels.
- Proactive identification and approach of potential candidates.
- Define and implement hiring procedures, including screening calls, technical tasks and case studies.
- Define and implement interview questions for each type of role and selection criteria.
- Assess applications, including resumes and contact details, using BambooHR.
- Design job descriptions and interview questions that reflect each position’s requirements.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with past applicants and potential candidates.
- Support the Head of People and Culture in employee branding initiatives.
- Implement and iterate on our onboarding practices to provide new hires with outstanding first impressions.
- Implement a range of sourcing and attraction initiatives.
- Suggest measures for improving employee retention.
Prior experience we’re looking for:
You don’t need to tick every box, if you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you!
- Excellent communicator, comfortable dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
- 3+ years experience working in a similar role.
- Experienced with the full-cycle recruitment process and relevant technologies.
- Comfortable engaging with third party consultants where necessary.
- Creating/support EVP projects and campaigns.
- A passion for people and getting the best out of those around you.
- Existing understanding of the differences between roles in technology start-up.
- Highly developed interview skills.
- Comfortable working in a technology focused and data-driven environment.
- Passionate about building a cohesive culture, driving a sense of belonging and purpose to our people.
- Desire to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and work closely with managers to operationalise the vision for employee experience.
- You will need to be a fast learner and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excited by the opportunity to build something new.
- Open, honest and shows kindness.
Within 3 months, you will have
- Worked with managers to shape role descriptions, find talent and promote our employer brand.
- Managed the end-to-end talent and recruitment pipeline and process for new hires.
- Completed job descriptions, selection criteria and hiring practices for upcoming roles.
- Work with the Head of People and Culture to define and create our People and Talent function at Spriggy.
- Suggested improvements to our recruitment and onboarding process and practices end-to-end.
- Started actioning our 12-month hiring roadmap.
What you’ll get:
- The opportunity to build one of Australia’s next tech unicorns alongside an exceptional team.
- Excellent culture, we encourage collaboration, growth and learning amongst the team.
- Competitive salary and consideration for equity.
- An ability to directly influence the direction of the Spriggy products and business.
- An autonomous and flexible role where you will be trusted with key tasks.
- An opportunity to have real impact and be part of a company with purpose.
- Grow your career with Spriggy. We’ll shape your development with you.
- A flexible workplace environment (remote first).
- A work from home set-up budget.
- A continued professional development budget.