At Spriggy, we’re helping build the future of money for families and young Australians. Spriggy launched in late 2016 and has had over 500,000 members join, with hundreds of new parents and kids joining Spriggy every day. Spriggy is backed by high-calibre Australian investors, including Mike Cannon-Brookes' Grok Ventures and NAB Ventures.
We’re now looking for a Product Operations Lead to support product, technology and operations functions across our product suite. The Product Operations Lead will be responsible for ensuring product teams function as effectively and consistently as possible and continually meet legal and operational requirements.
The ideal candidate is familiar with the complexities and requirements of financial products, exceptional at communication and comfortable spanning multiple problem spaces. We are looking for a driven and strategic self-starter who is adaptable, highly organised, analytical, and process driven. This role will report directly to the Group Product Manager for Platform.
Your challenge and responsibilities
Examples of problems you’ll need to solve with the team:
- Work closely with the Group Product Manager of Platform, Head of Growth and the Engineering Leads to deliver our product and technology roadmap.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations to deliver on operational, legal and financial requirements across our growing product suite.
- Devise and implement the product operations strategy including comprehensive workflows and practices to support our accelerated growth.
- Manage aspects of cross-team dependencies (within and beyond product teams) to keep track of key initiatives from inception to production.
- Proactively identify and improve product processes through consistent tooling, practices, and frameworks.
- Help define, document, and ensure consistent execution of Spriggy’s product suite and feature releases.
- Mentor and manage Product Operations Specialists. Identify opportunities and make ROI based cases to scale the team and lead hiring.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, Member Help and Operations teams to deliver on our initiatives with quality and speed.
- Anticipate operational, financial and legal considerations by tracking dependent product strategies and roadmaps.
- Capture stakeholder input, monitor industry advancements, trends and opportunities and communicate insights business wide.
- Deliver on strategic engagements and product deliverables, ensuring the team delivers with quality and speed.
This is a multi-faceted, fast-paced role in a high growth start-up environment. We’re looking for someone who can take the lead on solving these challenges as we look to scale our much-loved products into the millions of members and become Australia’s next unicorn.
Key skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Professional experience in a relevant industry such as law, operations or finance.
- The ideal candidate has product management experience however this is not essential.
- Demonstrated vendor management skills and experience managing senior stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated experience in distilling complex problem spaces and data into digestible and actionable insights.
- You are excited by the big picture and would enjoy working closely with the leadership team on the business and product strategy.
- You’re a natural leader who can build, foster and inspire high-performing teams and drive practices to track performance of the team.
- Outstanding communication skills across all audiences.
- You’re comfortable adapting and solving expected and unexpected challenges.
- You’re adept at managing multiple deadlines across cross-functional remote teams.
In the first 3-6 months you will have:
- Solve multiple problems from within the opening “Your challenge and responsibilities” section.
- Designed and implemented a standardised process for product operations across cross-functional teams.
- Get to know the needs of our Spriggy families and their customer journey.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations and the co-CEO to deeply understand the pain points and complexities across the Spriggy product suite. Get to know all relevant regulatory requirements and processes. Outline and implement improvements.
- Coordinating product launches and supporting our cross-product strategy alongside the Head of Platform and Head of Growth.
- Worked closely with the product, platform and engineering teams to understand every corner of our internal and customer facing products.
- Mentor and manage product operations specialists, designing for growth and development.
- Have an intimate understanding of the key metrics of the business.
- Get to know the rest of the team through one-on-ones and team events.
What you’ll get:
- The opportunity to build one of Australia’s next tech unicorn alongside an exceptional team.
- Excellent culture, we encourage collaboration, growth and learning amongst the team.
- Competitive salary and consideration for equity.
- An ability to directly influence the direction of the Spriggy products and business.
- An autonomous and flexible role where you will be trusted with key tasks.
- An opportunity to have real impact and be part of a company with purpose.
- Grow your career with Spriggy. We’ll shape your development with you.
- Remote-first and a flexible workplace environment. We also have an office space in Sydney CBD, which is available for team members who want a change of scenery (COVID permitting).