At Spriggy, we’re building the future of money for families and young Australians. Spriggy launched in late 2016 and has had over 500,000 members join, with hundreds of new parents and kids joining Spriggy every day. Spriggy is backed by high-calibre Australian investors, including Mike Cannon-Brookes' Grok Ventures and NAB Ventures.
Spriggy helps Aussie families teach their kids about money and makes it possible to manage it all from your pocket. We provide parents with a safe and simple way to pay their kids pocket money, set chores, manage savings, monitor spending, pay for school lunches and invest for their kids' future.
We’re a rapidly growing team, with people from diverse backgrounds that include engineering, design, physics, genetics, medicine, sports, ex-founders and mathematics. We’re all passionate problem solvers and we truly care about how people learn to use money.
We’re now looking for a Group Product Manager to lead one of our customer facing product teams and manage Product Managers in a player-coach capacity. This role will report directly to the Head of Growth. The right candidate is an experienced product manager, exceptional at communication with stakeholders and a strong product leader.
Your challenge and responsibilities
Examples of problems you’ll need to solve with the team:
- Support the strategy and roadmaps for our customer facing products.
- Translating roadmap items and accepted feature requests into epics and issues, with enough specifications for both for the design team and the engineering team.
- Managing the day-to-day delivery and collaboration between your cross-functional team and making sure it aligns with the product vision.
- Ensure that product initiatives solve well-formulated customer and business problems
- You recognise that communication is key. You'll communicate details, updates and implementations across all stakeholders and teams with close attention-to-detail.
- Enable teams with the appropriate processes and practices to assist with quality and delivery
- You know how to handle a never ending list of customer, stakeholder and founder requests and can ensure the right opportunities are focused on, while recognising that in order to deliver a great product you might have to let some people not be happy in the short term.
- You dream big, while recognising that the best solutions often involve small thoughtful iterations at speed. You’re able to bring big visions to life by constantly thinking about the next smallest thing you can do to solve a problem. You communicate your ideas with sketches, journey maps, wireframes, screen flows and rapid prototypes.
- You recognise that shipping a feature is just the beginning and ask yourself How can we measure success? What are we going to do once the feature has been shipped? You’re not precious about any one solution, because you know that exploration and iteration gets you to the right answer.
- You use data to inform product decisions, not to validate decisions that have already been made. You’ll use product analytics to know how users are actually using their product, not just rely on their best guess assumptions. You’ll see beyond vanity metrics use data to understand the entire customer journey.
Prior experience we’re looking for:
- Multi years of experience in Product Management in B2C products.
- Experience in a leadership role such as Senior, Group or Lead Product Manager.
- You have experience managing and mentoring Product Managers.
- Have gone end to end on delivering a product, feature or optimisation. You’ll need to speak from problem formulation through to measurement.
- Have managed delivery of a cross functional team of a tech product.
- You have software product experience at a customer focused company. You have worked at pace and are confident to make the calls necessary to get the product out the door.
- Experience working with technical teams, understands software engineering and can help to translate technical opportunities to business stakeholders. You will need to feel comfortable pushing back on engineering decisions when it does not align with the business objectives.
- If you have startup experience we’ll be extra excited (but not required).
In the first 3-6 months you will have:
- Solve multiple problems from within the opening “Your challenge and responsibilities” section.
- Understand our members and enable the broader business on the needs of our Spriggy families.
- Delivered on quarterly initiatives for your cross-functional team.
- This role will be approximately 50% product leadership, supporting product managers, building out processes and practices and supporting the team deliver with quality and speed.
- Mentor product managers and implement education processes and practices to assist with training team members.
- Get to know the product team through one-on-ones and team events.
- Have one-on-ones with members of engineering, growth, member help and operations to learn more about how product aligns with the broader business.
- Get hands on with all our products. You’ll understand every corner of our three products and develop a sense of our strengths and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Have an intimate understanding of the key metrics of the business.
What you’ll get:
- The opportunity to build one of Australia’s next tech unicorns alongside an exceptional team.
- Excellent culture, we encourage collaboration, growth and learning amongst the team.
- Competitive salary and consideration for equity.
- An ability to directly influence the direction of the Spriggy products and business.
- An autonomous and flexible role where you will be trusted with key tasks.
- An opportunity to have real impact and be part of a company with purpose.
- Grow your career with Spriggy. We’ll shape your development with you.
- A flexible workplace environment (remote first).
- A work from home set-up budget.
- A continued professional development budget.